KAFKA ON THE SHORE BY HARUKI MURAKAMI

" AND ONCE THE STORM IS OVER YOU WONT REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE IT THROUGH, HOW YOU MANAGED TO SURVIVE. YOU WON'T EVEN BE SURE, IN FACT, WHETHER THE STORM IS REALLY OVER. BUT ONE THING IS CERTAIN. WHEN YOU COME OUT OF THE STORM YOU WON'T BE THE SAME PERSON WHO WALKED IN. THAT'S WHAT THIS STORM IS ALL ABOUT. "



Who is that favorite author of yours who has never disappointed you.?

For me it is Haruki Murakami and this time i decided to read Kafka on the shore even though it’s not my favorite genre. But to my absolute surprise, I loved this book like no other❤️.

Kafka Tamara runs away from his home when he turns fifteen and hopes to find his mother and sister who had abandoned him when he was a child. He finds a home in a lone library where he meets Oshino and Saeki.

And then, there is this parallel universe where an old man named Nakata who can speak to cats exists and is set to finish the duties assigned to him.

There is a whole lot of magical realism happening in this book - there are two individuals living in parallel universe, there are leeches and fishes falling from the sky and events connecting magic to world war, man who talks to cats and many more.

I do not know what others felt about this book. But I was completely confused yet amazed by it. I cannot exactly put down in words what I felt about this book. But it was a roller coaster ride reading this one.


PROS: Murakami’s writing - I do not know if I would have loved magical realism at all if I hadn’t read this one. The stories connecting Kafka Tamura and Nakata existing in parallel universe is love❤️.The ending was brilliant but am not even sure if I understood it completely.

CONS: quite a long read - but once you get going, it doesn’t feel so much.


MY REVIEW: 5/5 


#penbooksandscalpel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER 1 - ALIZA AND AHMED

CHAPTER 4 - DISTANCE MATTERS

MY FAVOURITE BLOGCHATTER MOMENTS FROM 2023