WISE AND OTHERWISE BY SUDHA MURTHY

" IF YOU TRY TO PLEASE EVERYONE, YOU WILL PLEASE NO ONE.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO LEAD YOUR LIFE FOR OTHER'S HAPPINESS. "



Looking back at my page, I realised that I have not reviewed any Indian author books yet.

I have read a lot of them when I started reading, but I do not remember many books to write a review now- I need to reread them again. So I decided to read new ones instead and review them.

So to start with the same, I will review the book “wise and otherwise - a salute to life” by Sudha Murthy mam.

She doesn’t need any introduction to my Indian friends here. But for my non Indian friends and bookstagrammers, she is one of the highly respected persons in India. She is a professor, a philanthropist, writer and chairperson of the Infosys foundation.

About the book- this is a nonfiction which has a collection of 51 short stories based on the events that happened in her everyday life.

PROS: the writing is simple but good.

Her stories are inspiring and thought provoking.

I felt so nostalgic reading this book. It felt like reading column stories in the Hindu newspaper during my school days.

If you are a beginner looking for great books to start, go for it.

CONS: few stories where she has drawn comparison between two individuals felt a little judgemental and biased.

MY REVIEW: 3.5/5

#penbooksandscalpel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER 1 - ALIZA AND AHMED

CHAPTER 4 - DISTANCE MATTERS

MY FAVOURITE BLOGCHATTER MOMENTS FROM 2023