GIRL GETS KIDNAPPED BY SUMIT PRAMANIK

I will start this review a huge thanks to @_ebc.online_ book club for introducing me to this book. I received this book as a part of my book club discussion this month and it was so good that it turned out to be a revelation to me. From the title, I thought the story of the book will be same as any other thriller where there’s a villain and a damsel in distress who will either fight her way through or there is some hero for her rescue. But this book is not that simple. The book did have a villain who holds a young girl captive and people trying to rescue her. But the motives of each of them and the plots are twisted. This was definitely one of the books that I found very unputdownable and thought provoking.




PROS: The book was very fast paced and it was never interrupted by any unwanted plot lines in between.

A bold political thriller which shows the reality of communal and ethnic violence in India.

This book is perfect for a weekend binge read.

The dual POV from both the protagonist and the antagonist was a delight to read.

It needs some great writing to make a few unbelievable circumstances very convincing to the readers and this book has done it so well.

I loved the female characters of the book including the bad and good ones. Everyone were brave in their own way and got their well deserved endings.


CONS: I would say the only thing that was not very appealing about this book was the cover. Rest of the book was just great.


MY REVIEW: 4/5

#penbooksandscalpel

I am participating in Blochatter’s #TBRchallenge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER 1 - ALIZA AND AHMED

CHAPTER 4 - DISTANCE MATTERS

MY FAVOURITE BLOGCHATTER MOMENTS FROM 2023