I WOKE UP 15 YEARS YOUNGER - BLOGCHATTER BLOGHOP


I still dream of a day when I could go back in time and tell myself those things I was unaware of. I would shake myself to reality and put some words of wisdom into my teenage self's mind. I would start seeing the world differently with all the new things I learned over the years.





If I woke up 15 years younger today, you probably wouldn't even notice the change, because it would be as early as 3 AM. "So, how does it matter?" You ask. Because looking back, it's all that matters to me now. I now realise that I had been living a life of an owl, as crossing the board exams was no less battle. 


My 15 years younger self would be precisely 15 years old today and tired and sleep deprived, yet pushing myself hard because I had heard a lot of "hustle now and live the rest of your life as a champion." My mother used to say, "10th exams are the most important. If you do this well, the rest of your life shall be carefree." HAHAHA! What a joke! I should have learned that life is nothing of that sort and that every day is just a hustle to survive.





THINGS MY ACTUAL 15 YEAR OLD SELF WOULD DO TODAY:

- I would be too preoccupied with my academic books and ignore the most fun part of my childhood, therefore, losing my inner child itself.

- I would unintentionally hurt many people by not spending time with them because I was told that academics is all that matters. 


                      


- I would also let people walk over me because I had learned saying ‘No’ was bad and rude.

- I would dump most of my savings on makeup products because my schoolmates bully me for being dark.

- I would binge on a lot of unhealthy foods because apparently being skinny is not socially acceptable, and people call me "kuchi", which means a stick in Tamil.

- I wouldn’t insist my parents to let me continue my dance and chess classes because my teachers recommended more reading time than extracurriculars.


 




THINGS MY LEARNED 15 YEARS YOUNGER SELF WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY TODAY:

- I would visit my grandparents a little more often because I didn't know that the world without them would just be plain.

- I would prioritise my mental health and give those books a rest. I would rest a bit and go shopping, hang out with my friends, do a movie marathon, or just enjoy the weather sitting on the balcony or pick my favourite novel for a change.


            


- I would also watch that entire T20 World Cup match instead of joining over during the winning moments because that daily class test isn’t even that significant.

- I would be more polite to people I don't personally know and try to see things from their perspective. I would try to be a patient listener.

- I would also say ‘No’ to people when I don't feel comfortable doing something.



- I would tell myself that I am beautiful and no one's judgement really matters. I would love myself more and never allow those societal standards to get to me.

- I would thank my parents for making me self-sufficient and making me learn different languages.

- I would go back to sleep after hitting that snooze button on some days when I am unwell and prioritise my health over anything and everything, just like today.



#penbooksandscalpel

This is a part of Blogchatter’s Blog Hop


Top post on Blogchatter

Comments

  1. Perhaps making umpteen mistakes is an integral part of growing up. Anyway your mistakes of youth aren't half as bad as mine 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! We all matured through our mistakes. But there are some experiences that I wouldnt change for even a million dollars...

      Delete
  2. Such a valuable lesson to tell to your younger self that there's so much more than academics in life. I agree that world without your grandparents is not at all the same and sane because we are always their apple of eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your valuable insights and taking your time to read it.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I'm glad we are now following each other on Instagram. Looks like we could learn a lot from each other. My post for this was - https://aishwariyalaxmi.com/2023/01/29/waking-up-younger/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER 1 - ALIZA AND AHMED

CHAPTER 4 - DISTANCE MATTERS

MY FAVOURITE BLOGCHATTER MOMENTS FROM 2023