LOVING YOU TWICE - JASMINE VILLA SERIES BY ANDALEEB WAJID

BOOK NAME: LOVING YOU TWICE - JASMINE VILLA SERIES

AUTHOR NAME: ANDALEEB WAJID

GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE

PUBLISHER: WESTLAND BOOKS

BOOK BUY LINK : https://www.amazon.in/LOVING-YOU-TWICE-JASMINE-VILLA/dp/939576791X





The Jasmine Villa series is about the dynamic relationship of the three sisters - Tehzeeb, Ana and Athiya and their romantic interests. I wanted to read the first book of the series, 'One Way to Love' before starting the other two. But my never-ending TBR said, 'Stay within your limits'. And I decided to look up the summary and reviews of the former and got myself an idea of the setting of it. I agree it isn't the same as reading, but it helped me start with the other two. But do not worry if you are in the same boat as me; you can read them as standalone too.


Loving you twice is the story of the middle Hasan sibling, Ana and how she fell head over heels for Luqman. After sharing a flight together, they realise their mutual love for each other, but in a twist of fate, Ana gets engaged to Luqman's brother, Farhaan. A lot of drama and chaos follows as it should be at any Indian wedding. Will Ana and Luqman finally find their happily ever after, overcoming their obstacles in the story that unfolds? 


The things that worked excellently for me in this book were how well I could relate to it. The traditional Muslim household culture and expectations, the sibling bond and the mundane things in a woman's work life were very well portrayed. From little things like Athiya being the eternal chai maker of the house as the youngest sibling and Ana and Tehzeeb sharing an unbreakable bond, everything resonated with me and my siblings. The chaos of Indian marriage and intimacy in marital relationships was written perfectly. I haven't read an Indian book that reflects marriage and intimate relationships as aptly as this one. 


Having said that, a few things did not work for me in this book. Honestly, I was not too fond of the trope at all. It was working perfectly fine until I reached the "trope" part (I don't want to mention it as it would become a spoiler). I almost screamed, 'No, No. Not this trope, please,' but it was inevitable. Too many coincidences and misunderstandings that don't happen in real made it a little too far-fetched. I did like the book in parts, and it would work for any romance reader. 

 


MY REVIEW: 3.5/5

I am participating in Blogchatter's #TBRchallenge

#penbooksandscalpel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER 1 - ALIZA AND AHMED

CHAPTER 4 - DISTANCE MATTERS

MY FAVOURITE BLOGCHATTER MOMENTS FROM 2023