MY 2024 READING GOALS AND RESOLUTIONS


Ta-da! It's that time of the year when you enrol for the year's TBR challenge to outdo yourself from the last year. As someone who has been a part of this challenge successfully over the past two years, I can assure you that it is a boost to see yourself move up the readerboard ladder every time you finish a book.



So, what is this fuss around the TBR challenge about? Every year, Blogchatter comes up with this amazing TBR challenge where readers enrol themselves with an achievable reading target for the year. Any count from 1 to infinity is considered, and credit points and stickers will be added once readers complete the challenge successfully. Once a participant completes reading a book, the book review or reading experience must be submitted as a blogroll and added to the TBR list later. You repeat this until you hit your number in the chart. And…Voila! The TBR challenge is now complete. So, I hope now you know how to hop into this challenge with other readers. Because I am all in for it. I have also reset my reading goals and resolutions based on my past years' reading experiences.



2024 READING GOALS


1. To read a minimum of 60 books.

Since I was able to surpass last year's reading goal by 20 books (70 from a target of 50 books), I have increased my target number to 60 this year. I don't want to be over-ambitious and end up disappointed in the process; hence, I am moving the ladder up slowly and steadily every year. The goal is to finish just one book per week, which will easily make it to 52, and I shall fill up the rest every now and then.



2. To finish all the unread books on my shelf


I have roughly around 60 physical unread books on my bookshelf from years of book-buying practice in addition to the 30 unread Kindle books. But I still can't stop myself from buying any more. Every time I see a book with a pretty cover or an interesting blurb, I just cannot restrict myself from taking it home. This year's ultimate goal is to read the unread books before I can order or buy any more new ones. I am taking baby steps towards it, and as readers, I know you understand how difficult it is to accomplish this.



3. To read diverse books

Diversity is one thing I always try to embrace while reading. Last year, I tried reading at least one book from each state, and in the process, I discovered the hidden gems in literature across various languages. I later started my own way of reading books from around the world by reading at least one book from each country, and I aim to complete and expand both of these challenges this year. 



4. To read genres that I know I would love

After reflecting on my reading pattern and behaviour last year, I realised I had been over-enthusiastic by trying to be experimental. Many books I read on an experimental basis disappointed me very badly. But at the same time, I also learned that I enjoy cosy murder mysteries and mythological retelling apart from my regular historical fiction, women's fiction, literary fiction and domestic fiction. So, this year in addition to exploring new genres, I would also like to ensure that I don’t burden myself with the pressure. 



4. To read all the gifted books


Who would say no to gifts, especially when they are books? The last couple of years have been a blessing to me since I received a large number of books as gifts. But maybe we readers always take gifted books for granted. Because 90% of my books that came as gifts are still lying untouched. So, I have resolved to read all the books that were gifted to me by the end of this year so that I can keep them coming!



5. To learn to DNF books

For the life of me, I could never stop reading a book, even when I disliked it with all my might. And I realised I was only disappointing myself more by doing so. So, this year, I will stop reading books that I couldn't complete and maybe give them a chance some other time when I feel I am prepared for them.



2024 READING RESOLUTIONS


1. Not to read books just for the sake of it.

2. To reject or not opt for review copies I know I would not like.

3. To read more literary fiction and chunky books as I have developed an affinity towards them recently.

4. To continue supporting indie authors and debutant voices with honest feedback.

5. To not force myself into liking a book and accept the reality even if it has been written by one of my favourite authors.



So, there's that. Tell me what are your goals and resolutions for 2024 and wishing you a great bookish year ahead. See you at the wrap-up!


This is a part of Blogchatter's#TBRchallenge2024


#penbooksandscalpel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER 1 - ALIZA AND AHMED

CHAPTER 4 - DISTANCE MATTERS

MY FAVOURITE BLOGCHATTER MOMENTS FROM 2023