THE VELVET BLANKET OVERHEAD - A POEM



I steadily raised my head above

And gaped at the deeply decorated sky.

I wondered watching it through the alcove

How does it stand still, so high?

As I drifted gazing through the misty window

The moon threw her mighty dazzle on my meadow

I stared at her as if I hadn’t before

Wondering how each day she kept on to differ.

And how the moon became diffident upon my sight

As behind the clouds it went for a ride,

And when the fluffs of cushion began moving

I could still see her radiantly shining.

The jealous stars then felt a little bitter

And surpassing the moon they started to jitter

I finally gave in to the warmth of my cozy rug 

After late, when my couch called in for a hug.

And as I was adrift, her charm and radiance still pursued my eyes

And I could see her the whole night even as the darkness slowly died.



This is a part of #Blogchatterhalfmarathon2024

#penbooksandscalpel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAPTER 1 - ALIZA AND AHMED

CHAPTER 4 - DISTANCE MATTERS

CHAPTER 2 - THE BACKSTORY - ALIZA